A data center is a facility used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems.
A data center generally includes redundan or backup power supplies, redundant data communications connections, environmental controls and various security devices.
Many equipments are needed to run a 99.999% (5 – 9s) uptime based datacenters with good performance.
- Backup power supply (most important) : in case of power outage, you would need a backup power supply to keep the datacenter up and running. This is primary and most important requirement.
- Proper datacenter building construction and design to resist cyclones, mild earthquakes and any external disturbances due to construction, explosion etc.
- Fire safety mechanism : Data centres must be protected against fire hazard to avoid loss of physical equipments and also the data hosted within it
- Security systems – cctv, id based entry, dual check mechanisms for entry and access – (to avoid sabotage and destruction) – There are many cases where the disk drives have been stolen to destroy the data. Data centers hosting for financial firms have lot of sensitive information.
- IP networking devices like switches, routers .
- Corporate IP network connectivity (dual)
- Servers ( like Dell Poweredge, HP Proliant, Cisco UCS etc) – rackmount and/or blade servers
- Fibre channel or iscsi switches
- Data storage arrays (from EMC, Netapp, HDS, HP, IBM) having SAS or SSD or NL-SAS drives
- Backup disk libraries (Data Domain, CommVault etc)
- Flash cards (to reduce latency between servers and storage arrays)
- Workstations and VOIP phones
- Well checked LAN cables and SFP(for FC connectivity)
- Enclosure racks to hold the server blades and commodity storage enclosures (if not purchased by vendors)
The key players covered in this study
Fujitsu Corporationand QNAP Systems
Market segment by Type, the product can be split into
Power Distribution Systems
Market segment by Application, split into
Telecommunication & IT
Banking & Finance
Media & Entertainment
The study objectives of this report are:
To analyze global Data Center Equipment status, future forecast, growth opportunity, key market and key players.
To present the Data Center Equipment development in United States, Europe and China.
To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their development plan and strategies.
To define, describe and forecast the market by product type, market and key regions.
Irfan Tamboli : +1 (704) 266-3234 | Mob: +91-750-707-8687
email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org